AASL Post: 6 Amazing Books to Inspire Your Library Space Design
I’ve been studying library space design a lot the last few months. I’m currently working on a book for ISTE, tentatively titled Reimagining Library Spaces, that will be out sometime in the fall. As I’ve been going through research, I thought it would be great to share some of my favorite learning space design books that have influenced my writing and thinking.
In the post, I discuss six of my favorite learning space design books. Some focus more on classrooms or whole schools, others focus more on library space design. All of them can offer fantastic ideas and inspiration.
Find some library space design inspiration in:
- The L!brary Book: Design Collaborations in Public Schools
- The Space: A Guide for Educators
- The Language of School Design: Design Patterns for the 21st Century
- Library Spaces for 21st Century Learners: A Planning Guide for Creating New School Library Concepts
- Get Active: Reimagining Learning Spaces for Student Success
- From the Campfire to the Holodeck: Creating Engaging and Powerful 21st Century Learning Environments
Go check out the post on AASL Knowledge Quest to learn more about these awesome books.
Note: Two of the books from my makerspace list are also some of my favorites for learning space design: The Third Teacher and Make Space. I want this post to focus on titles I haven’t reviewed on here yet, but make sure you check out those two if you haven’t yet.